Encoda Systems Automation Division Reports Year Over Year Growth of 23% for First Four Months of 2004
New Customer Engagements and Strong NAB Traffic Highlight Start of Year
Denver, CO -- Encoda Systems Automation Division, after an extremely successful showing at NAB 2004, is reporting a January-April increase of 23% in revenue over the same period in 2003.
The company attributes its strong sales during this time of the year to customers ability to execute on capital expenditures for system upgrades and further buildout of digital multichannel facilities. Encoda Systems also witnessed a greater percentage of new customers moving from competitive systems to the Encoda D-Series Automation Solution. The reason most often cited for the change is the importance of mission critical reliability and customer support. Among the newest major deals announced at NAB were SkyPerfecTV in Japan and a second BSkyB transmission facility in the UK.
“We came to NAB 2004 with a clear message that Encoda is committed to delivering integrated workflow solutions. This message is the result of what our customers have been asking for and at NAB 2004 we demonstrated working standards based solutions while many others were simply talking about integrated workflow. Because of our range of expertise, Encoda Systems is best positioned to deliver fluid workflow solutions that integrate across traffic, scheduling, programming and automation applications,” explained Steve L’Heureux, President, Encoda Systems Automation Division. “Customers visiting our NAB booth had the opportunity to see the depth of our research and development investment in new and innovative products and how we are working alongside customers to recommend and implement the right solutions that lay a foundation for future growth.”
Graham Jones, Director of Communications Engineering for the NAB, and Chair of the ATSC’s T3/S1 Specialist Group said, “At the NAB Show it was very encouraging to see several vendors showing trial implementations of the new ATSC PMCP (Programming Metadata Communication Protocol), now in a Candidate Standard evaluation period. Encoda Systems and Thales Broadcast and Multimedia have both participated in the ATSC work on PMCP and their excellent joint demonstration showed how dynamic PSIP updates from Encoda’s D-Series Automation System can be transmitted using PMCP to the Thales Pearl PSIP generator.”
Encoda Systems announced at NAB:
- A signed letter of intent to acquire a majority interest in Arkemedia Technologies, Ltd., a digital asset management solutions provider in the media and entertainment industries;
- Release of the Encoda D-Series Version 4 Automation Solution based on open source, standards-based Linux version 2.6, an integrated open source SQL compliant database and IBM x-series server;
- Selection of Encoda D-Series Version 4 Automation Solution by Europe’s premier satellite broadcaster, BskyB;
- Selection of Encoda D-Series Automation and Ingest System by Japan’s SkyPerfecTV;
- Demonstrations of new workflow efficiency technologies, including live updating/synching of traffic and automation schedules; a shared material database to eliminate duplications and errors in record descriptions; adoption of the PMCP standard for the feeding of PSIP data to many brands of PSIP generators, ensuring accurate, ontime EPGs for viewers.
About Encoda Systems Automation Division
The Encoda Systems Automation Division is delivering mission critical solutions for the broadcast industry to enable integrated management of the digital media supply chain. Encoda’s high availability automation architecture and real-time operating system offer the industry’s most scalable and robust multi-channel automation system on the market. Encoda Automation solutions automate over 4000 channels in 29 countries.
About Encoda Systems, Inc.
Encoda Systems is the leading global supplier of end-to-end broadcast solutions, including Automation, Sales, Traffic, Programming and Financial Systems for the broadcast, cable and satellite industries. Most of the leading television, radio, cable and satellite broadcasting companies in the world now use its systems.The company is also a major provider of software solutions for advertising agencies, media buying companies, and national media sales rep organizations. Given its unique involvement across all aspects of the media buy-sell process, Encoda has become the leading innovator in the deployment of electronic transactional solutions, such as electronic invoicing, electronic contracting and agency-rep exchange systems.